Membership Code of Conduct
Membership is diverse; ranging from the smallest family owned operation through to multi-million dollar operations. Members are subject to a strict Code of Conduct.
The National Electrical Switchboard Manufacturers Association Code of Conduct applies to all NESMA members and their employees; it represents the minimum standard expected in their dealings.
The Code of Conduct is to be observed by all members in the conduct of their business to create a spirit of ethical conduct, and to promote the advancement of the electrical switchboard manufacturing industry.
- Be professional, efficient and responsive in all dealings.
- Observe the highest standard of honesty in all transactions.
- Encourage new business by providing quality of service and product.
- Provide working conditions that promote employee safety.
- Manufacture switchboards in accordance with relevant Australian Standards and Service Rules
- Actively support and uphold the dignity of Association members.
- Endeavour to create co-operation with fellow members.
- Refrain from criticising other members.
- When asked to manufacture to another member's drawings or specifications, to first consult with the member concerned.
- Where existing operational boards require modification and/or upgrade, to encourage the client to use the original manufacturer to ensure the product's integrity of operational service and safety.